Ideas are unpredictable. They are the root of anything that is good and evil in this world. Ideas can grow into a person starting an international mission’s organization that helps give thousands of villages in Africa clean drinking water. Ideas can also lead to the deaths of millions of Jews in concentration camps. Everything that we use every day was conceived from an idea from a single person. The revolutions that we can see unfolding in the Middle East started with an idea of a single person. And America and the rest of the western world watches violent revolutionary protests spread throughout the entire region. I have sometimes thought if this kind of major change is possible in the comfortable America? And another thing that I have thought about is where is God in all of this.
I have watched a couple shows of Glenn Beck now, and I’m not a hard core conservative I try to be independent. But the past couple shows Glenn has talked about how he thinks that the world is beginning a change in the shift of world powers. He says that in like twenty years you won’t recognize America as you know it today. I know that a lot of what Glenn Beck says in ultra-conservative-republican anti-Obama/liberal rhetoric-crazy-lunacy, kind of like the weird paranormal conspiracy radio program that I listen to as I fall asleep each night. But as I watch CNN and see the events unfolding in the Arab world I am starting to believe that this is the start of something huge, that twenty years from now when I am teaching a social studies or current events class I can say to them for example “I remember exactly where I was at when I heard that such and such event happen in Cairo” (or wherever else it may happen) I think this is something that comes with being a history nerd but when I see something like this unfold I can’t help comparing it to something like the Bolshevik Revolution in Russia or something like that.
Another thing I lay awake and think about at night is what God has planned through world events like the Middle East revolutions and the Japan Earthquake. Even though these events now look completely unrelated, you got to realize that in some weird divine way God has interwoven them to be related and affect each other and you can’t help to realize that God will use each of these events to achieve his final ultimate goal which is Jesus returning and establishing his kingdom. Another thing that we have to keep in mind is not to just read the book of Revelation and just instantly assume that anybody could just predict how the endtimes will play out. Remember that the religious teachers did those same exact things when Jesus first came, they expected the messiah to make Israel into this powerful kingdom and to defeat the Roman Empire in some revolutionary uprising. Then Jesus came and they didn’t recognize him when he came because God’s ways are not man’s ways and they already made Jesus into who they wanted him to be. I believe that the book of Revelation is clearly written about what is to come, but God just hasn’t made it apparent to us yet but his word tells us to be ready because his return will be like a thief in the night and come when we least expect it in a way that we don’t know. But when it happens whether sooner or later it will be a sight to behold and all I can imagine is that we will be speechless as we stand in awe!
“You will hear of wars and rumors of wars, but see to it that you are not alarmed. Such things must happen, but the end is still to come.”- Matthew 24:6
No comments:
Post a Comment